Who Should Attend
Anyone who has a customer service responsibility towards external, or internal, customers whether face-to-face or by telephone.
If you consider that the main purpose of marketing is to get and keep customers, then taking care of customers is an important part of the organisation’s total marketing process. Outstanding customer care does not come cheap but its benefits soon stack up. Mediocre customer care is far more costly.
This workshop focuses participants on the need to understand the range of customer viewpoints so that they realise the impact of their own behaviour and attitude when dealing with customer service situations. They will learn the key knowledge, practise the skills and develop the attitudes needed to meet their customers’ needs and deal with challenging situations.
At the end of this training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand what effective customer service means and why it’s important to the business.
- Recognise the importance of the organisation’s image and reputation, how each individual influences these, and their impact on the business.
- Understand how their behaviour affects the customer and vice versa.
- Deal with customers in a confident and assertive way.
- Handle complaints constructively and deal professionally with challenging face-to-face or telephone conversations.
- Understand and work with the customer’s motivation.
The programme is participative and involves opportunities to practise key skills, discussion in small groups and trainer input.
- Defining effective customer care and its impact on business success.
- Understanding the importance of building a positive business image and reputation, and how effective customer care influences people’s perceptions of your organisation.
- Identifying who your customers are, and where your priorities lie.
- Taking personal responsibility for ensuring consistency in delivering quality customer care.
- Develop key skills for dealing confidently and constructively with complaints, challenging customers and stressful situations.
DURATION: 1 Day