Who Should Attend
People who need to learn the skills that are essential for writing clearly and effectively in business.
Written communication, in one form or other, is a large part of the working day for millions. However, many people are trying to get by with only the basic writing skills that they learned in school. To gain greater job-satisfaction and be more effective towards colleagues and customers, what they really need are business writing skills.
In the business environment, where time surely is money, it is vital to know how to present information that gets your point across in a highly readable form. Participants on this programme will learn how to produce documents that ensure that their written communication combines accuracy, brevity and clarity in order to achieve the desired result.
Participants will learn how to:
- First, establish if the written word is the best tool for the job.
- Write with ABC, accuracy, brevity and clarity.
- Use verbs, nouns, sentences, paragraphs and punctuation.
- Use language that creates a positive impression.
- Plan and create a logical structure for a report or memo.
- Create the right layout to ensure readability
- Deal effectively with complaints or negative communications.
What past participants say about the training:
‘Very useful. A real eye opener.’
‘Very well presented. The practical examples really helped.’
‘Tutor had a relaxed approach which made everyone feel comfortable.’
‘Lots of useful information.’
The programme is participative and practical in style. It involves discussion, exercises, the use of real examples and giving feedback to enhance learning.
Participants are asked to e-mail something business-related, but not confidential, that they have written. The trainer will make an assessment of that work in order to give feedback and suggest improvements on the day of the course.
DURATION: 1 Day