Who Should Attend
Anyone who spends a significant amount of their time dealing with either internal or external customers on the telephone.
This workshop focuses on improving delegates’ confidence and influencing skills when dealing with people on the telephone. Participants have the opportunity to discuss difficulties they face, explore a range of ideas for handling different kinds of telephone situations, and practise the key skills needed to deal with others over the ‘phone.
At the end of this training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the principle skills needed to use the telephone effectively and correctly use their voice, language and a professional approach to influence others
- Create the right impression of their organisation and themselves when handling different kinds of telephone situations
- Build rapport confidently with customers they cannot see
- Obtain the information they need efficiently and effectively
- Use the time with the customer to maximise potential influencing opportunities
- Handle difficult people and situations confidently and professionally
- The Communication Model – why telephone communication is more challenging than face to face conversation, and the key skills involved
- Shaping customers’ perception of you and your organisation – recognising customer’s needs and expectations and developing rapport quickly
- Dealing assertively and professionally with different types of customers
- Questioning skills to elicit information efficiently; listening skills to demonstrate understanding and develop relationships
- Handling difficult customers constructively
DURATION: 1 Day