Who Should Attend
Anyone leading a team who needs to develop their team members’ performance and their own leadership skills.
This workshop offers a practical approach to enhancing delegates’ personal leadership skills and developing the skills required to improve their team members’ performance. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own situations and challenges with other delegates and explore a range of ideas, theories and practical skills by means of tutor-led group discussions, practical exercises and the use of a questionnaire to identify individual strengths and areas for future improvement.
At the end of this Training Programme participants will be able to:
- Identify their personal leadership style – strengths and areas for improvement
- Understand what makes a successful leader by identifying core leadership skills and key actions
- Develop others and give effective, constructive feedback
- Understand team dynamics and the leader’s role and responsibilities
- Understand more about motivation in order to enable team members to perform to their best ability
- A systematic approach to managing team tasks and projects
- Leadership – key principles and their practical application
- Team dynamics – how teams develop; the roles and behaviours people adopt
- Motivation – understanding what motivates others and how the leader can influence the team’s morale and individuals’ performance
- Delegation – what it is, what it isn’t and how to do it effectively
DURATION: 1 Day