Who Should Attend
Managers and leaders looking for a higher level of leadership achievement through a challenging management programme
This management programme will help participants optimise their leadership skills in order to bring about positive change in themselves, others and the business. To help participants identify and recognise their own approach and leadership responsibilities within their own organisation’s culture; and to understand their own levels of competency and identify what they need to further develop or take forward in their role.
Day 1 – Leadership & Communication
- Communicating Objectives
- Identify barriers to good communication
- Handling difficult situations and conflict
- Running effective meetings
Elements of Leadership
- Identifying your personal style
- Core Skills
- Leadership Models
- Coaching and Support
Day 2 – Building the Team & Managing Others
- Team Dynamics
- A Systematic Approach
- Constructive Feedback
- Motivation and Delegation
- Managing Performance
- The link between effective performance and business results
- Monitoring and measuring performance against agreed goals
- SMART objectives
- Dealing with performance issues
Day 3 – Coaching
- Benefits of Coaching
- Coaching Styles
- Identifying your own style
- Practice your Coaching Skills
- How to give feedback effectively
- Formal and Informal Feedback
- Do’s and Don’ts of giving Feedback
Applying Learning to the Business
- Action Planning: your commitment to action
At the end of the 3 days, participants will be requested to commit to a series of self-assigned leadership objectives based on their personal learning. These action points will form the basis of the subsequent Half Day Review (Optional)
Half Day Review (Optional)
The purpose of the review is to:
- Personalise, re-enforce and clarify messages from the course.
- Monitor, encourage and support the completion of personal action points, discussing solutions to any perceived barriers.
- Agree further future plans of action.
- Ensure you get the most from having attended the course by ensuring the theory has a practical application in the workplace.
DURATION: 3 days + half day review (optional)