Who Should Attend
Effective Presentation Skills are of real benefit to those with little experience who are looking to improve their skills.
Those with more experience, who feel they need a refresher and want to learn new techniques, will also find it valuable.
In surveys, 76% of people in business life say that standing up in public and making a presentation is the most daunting thing required of them in their working life. Yet, making presentations is almost inevitable for most people because, in many aspects of business life, the spoken word is more important than the written word. Therefore Presentation Skills is a vital skill for managers to have and should be learned as early as possible.
This programme will show you how to design, structure, write and deliver successful presentations. You will also learn important analysis techniques that ensure that the audience is as involved and attentive as possible, even if the subject matter is mundane. Timetabled into the day is the opportunity for each participant to deliver a short presentation that is closely observed and recorded. They will receive feedback and individual coaching to improve their personal style.
The course is fully supported by a comprehensive Resource Manual of notes, tips and techniques that will be useful time and time again. Participant numbers are carefully limited to ensure everyone has maximum opportunity to practise and learn.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Design and construct every presentation with audience and purpose in mind.
- Present a professional image of themselves and their organisation.
- Establish and maintain rapport with their audience.
- Make effective use of their voice.
- Prepare and use notes that work to keep them on track.
- Prepare and use simple, effective visuals
- Deliver effective presentations in any situation.
The Trainer will lead inputs on:
- The design, structure and preparation of effective presentations
- How to write prompt notes that keep you on track.
- Consideration of the needs and expectations of the audience and how to fulfil them
- The skilful use of body language including posture, gestures, movement and eye-contact
- How to use your voice for impact, including volume, pace, pitch and enunciation
- How to control nervousness and maintain your focus.
- A practical presentation session with individual feedback and coaching
Participants will be expected to bring with them a short presentation of between 5 and 10 minutes in length on any topic they choose. Detailed Joining Instructions will be sent out well in advance.
What past participants say about the training:
‘It was the most useful course I have ever been on’
‘I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to all the staff’ much all the time.’
‘First class Presentation Skills training’
‘An excellent trainer’
‘I would recommend it to everyone, even if they don’t do presentations – a great confidence boost.’