Who Should Attend
Trainer Training is for those who are new to working in a training or coaching capacity and those who would like to review their existing skills in passing on technical, theoretical or practical knowlege and information.
This Train the Trainer workshop is designed to enable participants to gain a thorough understanding of how people learn (Learning Theory) and have time for actual training practice with expert coaching and guidance. The trainer ensures maximum feedback and sharing of good practice by involving all participants in reviewing each person’s training session in terms of content and delivery. Each attendee will receive a comprehensive Resource Manual of course notes, tips and techniques that will continue to be a valuable source of ideas and encouragement for years to come.
Train the Trainer numbers are limited to ensure everyone has maximum opportunities to receive assistance and coaching from the trainer.
At the end of this Train the Trainer training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the areas in which workplace training can be effective
- Identify the skills of an effective trainer and develop a personal action plan
- Understand how adults learn
- Write deliverable session objectives
- Plan, prepare and deliver an effective training session
- The role, responsibilities and skills of an effective workplace trainer
- The theory of how adults learn
- How to formulate training sessions to maximise effectiveness for each of the learning styles
- Prepartion of a task analysis to ensure your training is in bite-sized pieces
- How to write achieveable aims and objectives for your training
- How to plan and prepare your training using deliverable objectives
- The design, preparation and delivery of a short training session on which you will receive feedback and coaching
There is a practical element within the Train the Trainer course where you will be required to deliver a short training session. Details of what to prepare are included in the participants’ Joining Instructions that are sent out in good time before the event. Equipment available on the day: Flipchart, data projector and screen.
DURATION: 2 Days