Who Should Attend
Anyone who would like to improve their skill both in minute and note taking and in processing the documents.
It is a sad fact that the bulk of meetings in most organisations are regarded as a waste of time by those who attend them. Stand & Deliver offers two courses that will radically change that: Running Productive Meetings is one and this is the other. Minutes that are well written, identify Actions and Accountabilities and are distributed promptly, contribute greatly to the effectiveness of meetings. In this course, participants will learn tips and techniques that are largely unknown to people who are soldiering on through trial and error.
Participants will be better able to take minutes and notes and process them in an efficient and professional manner. They will be able to:
- Identify different types of meetings and what that means regarding note taking or minutes.
- Understand the purpose of minutes and notes and what the receiver expects from them.
- Use techniques for ensuring notes and minutes are easily read and understood.
- Know what to include and what to leave out.
- Turn notes into a well presented, accurately punctuated and spelled, written document.
- Identify important deadlines for the distribution of minutes and notes.
What past participants say about the training:
‘Very practical and realistic.’
‘The trainer was excellent. Very experienced and knowledgeable.’
‘Made a potentially dull subject enjoyable.’
The programme is participative and includes the use of real examples to enhance the learning. Participants are welcome to bring their own examples for analysis or advice. Everyone receives a comprehensive set of Course Notes to support their learning.
DURATION: 1 Day