Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to manage, structure and/or participate more effectively in processes such as meetings, decision making and the facilitation of others’ learning.
The Facilitation Skills workshop aims to assist people in developing their enabling skills for use in a variety of applications. In addition to trainer input, there will be short, practical sessions where participants will have the opportunity to try out the various tools and techniques in a supportive environment. A comprehensive set of course notes will be given to each participant.
At the end of this Facilitation Skills workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand what facilitation entails and its relevance in the workplace.
- Work with groups and individuals in a more enabling way.
- Understand more about how adults learn and enable them to develop their skills.
- Monitor situations to collect, reflect and give feedback more effectively.
- Examine their own facilitation style and build on it.
- Facilitation, what it is and what it isn’t and its application in the workplace.
- The process of facilitation.
- Various facilitation situations and how to handle them to enable others to achieve desired outcomes such as decisions, ownership, responsibility and learning.
- Interventions – when to intervene and when not to and the various intervention types and styles.
- Remaining neutral and also effective.
- Short, practical facilitation skills practice situations to consolidate the learning.
DURATION: 1 Day