Who Should Attend
Sign up for this workshop if you have experience of presenting and wish to consolidate, refresh and add to your existing skills in a stretching and supportive environment.
This workshop concentrates on polishing each person’s presentation performance rather than how to design, prepare and structure a presentation which is covered in the Effective Presentation Skills workshop. Numbers are kept low in order to enable everyone to receive individual feedback and coaching to improve their technique and individual style. Detailed instructions will be forwarded to participants before the workshop with guidelines as to what they need to prepare and bring along. Each participant will receive a DVD of their presentation together with a compreshensive resource manual of course notes, tips and techniques that will support continuous development.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Deliver a presentation with impact
- Present a professional image of themselves and their organisation
- Make effective use of the voice
- Use their influencing skills within the presentation
- Establish and maintain rapport with the audience
- Use of appropriate body language including posture, gestures, movement, eye-contact and facial expression
- How to use the voice for impact, including breathing, volume, pace, pitch, variety of tone and clear enunciation
- Integration of any visual aids with the words and the body language
- Influencing skills and using your strengths in the presentation
- Practical presentation sessions with individual feedback and coaching
In the practical element you will be asked to deliver a short presentation. Further details will be sent out with the course Joining Instructions. Equipment available: Flipchart, data projector and screen. If you intend to deliver a PowerPoint presentation you will need to bring a laptop with you.
What attending participants say about the training:
‘Trainer was fantastic. The feedback from everyone was that this was the best course we have ever attended.’
‘I thoroughly enjoyed it. The trainer held my interest throughout.’
‘From now on I will feel very confident in presenting information to others – even the stuff which is quite boring!’
DURATION: 1 Day